- Architected and developed core streaming software
- Created low-latency (sub-second) video streaming platform (for web and mobile) using Media Source Extentions
- Implemented MPEG-4 ISO BMFF / CMAF muxer in Go
- Developed on-camera AAC audio daemon resulting in better audio fidelity and compression and lower compute usage
- Developed real-time communication software
Created AlohaRTC, a real-time video communication platform for teleoperation, smart cameras, robotics, and other connected devices.
- Easy-to-use. SDKs for simple integration.
- Low-latency. Less than 250ms.
- Secure. End-to-end encrypted.
- Cross-platform. Use any browser (including iOS Safari) -- no plug-ins needed.
- Stellar. Crystal clear video, in town or across the globe, even in tough network conditions.
Engineering team acquired by Verkada.Technologies: AWS, Git, Go, HTML5, Postgres, Preact, Scss, VerneMQ, WebRTC (DTLS, RTP, ICE, SDP, STUN, TURN)
- Developed video recording web service for monitoring automation faults throughout Model 3 General Assembly
- Designed object detection and segmentation convolutional neural networks for Autopilot 2.5 ECUs
- Supported Model 3 machine vision systems during production ramp
- First engineering hire
- Scaled number of connected cameras by 5 orders-of-magnitude
- Architected AWS-based backend for a global network of smart cameras
- Created and shipped deep learning pipeline for real-time person and vehicle recognition
- Led firmware team, setting direction and managing sprints
- Designed single-board computer for new UAV autopilot product (fixed-wing, quad-copter, VTOL)
- Developed board support packages (BSPs) for embedded Linux and Micrium uC/OS-II
- Designed bootloader and other safety-critical firmware components
Developed bootloader for over-the-air updates of Microchip PIC16F series microcontrollers within Rocky 7 rover, a terrestrial testbed for Mars Exploration Rovers.